Celebrating Edinburgh’s Multiculturalism through Football
CLICK HERE FOR A WRITE UP OF THE 2013 TOURNAMENT WITH PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT
The Diversity Cup is a charity 5-a-side football tournament held in Edinburgh as a medium to inspire Inter-Faith friendships and cross cultural interaction and learning. After a break of two years the tournament, organised by Edinburgh Inter-Faith Association with support from the Scottish Government and City of Edinburgh Council.
Past year’s tournaments have featured teams from a wide variety of backgrounds; from faith communities representing their local mosques and temples, to teams made up of local Councillors and Police. The tournament is a completely not-for-profit event and we will be selecting one or more charities at a later date who will receive all entry fee money for the event.
• 16 Team places available with an entry fee of £40 per team
• 5-a-side (register up to 8 team members)
• Teams welcome from public sector, charitable organisations, Faith groups and beyond; a great chance to make new friends and contacts within the community
• Taking place on indoor astro-turf pitches at World of Football based in Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange – all matches refereed!
• Bibs, balls etc will be provided by the venue and there will also a full buffet of food provided.
• Prizes, trophies and medals for the winners, as well as the glory of being crowned Diversity Cup Champions!
• Promote diversity and multiculturalism in Edinburgh and Scotland as a whole by being a part of Edinburgh’s Diversity Cup.
To find out more about the Diversity Cup please contact Matt Lord on 0131 629 9058 or email email@example.com